Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 4 Reflection

An example of a more modern headstone


After spending four weeks in Spring Grove I was beginning to forget the fact that bodies are still being buried there today. I got so used to seeing burials dating before 195o. I enjoyed the tram tour not only because it agreed with my laziness but also because of the newer architecture. Sometimes I forget I'm in a cemetery and instead feel like it's a Disney themed park. I really enjoyed being able to see a lot of the cemetery in such a short amount of time. The newer sections were unlike the old in the sense that the hills and space were a lot more open. It leads me to believe that they reduced plot sizes after more and more people were asking to be buried at Spring Grove. This exploration of Spring Grove is something that I would never think to do on my own time but I'm grateful to investigate one of the precious gems of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment