Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 3 Reflection

With the advancement of technology and resources, new graves and monuments seem to be able to withstand the elements and the test of time. It's really sad to think that some of these beautiful monuments with such a rich history are fading away. If this is how these people would like to be remembered, it pains me to think that along with these decaying stones their life and legacy are also being lost. I really enjoyed getting dirty and rubbing the stones. I had so much angst and anticipation built up just to see what the inscriptions read on the older stones. Though our method was slightly flawed because of the coarse stone, I had a great time getting my hands dirty. I also really enjoyed the rush of discovery and almost felt like a historian or paleontologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment